architecture

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Weird Things at Atlantic Yards

After reading Gotham Gazette's latest on Atlantic Yards, I figured I'd see what Google's new Street Views offers in the way of imagery for the area. What I found is a bit odd:

streetview-dean.jpg

Is this perhaps a sly commentary on the Frank Gehry-designed development? Or just a glitch in the software centered on Atlantic Yards? Or a veil over construction / demolition? Or even a Christo installation that somehow escaped the news?

While I like the first possibility, it's probably the second, as the pink blob is present as one moves up and down Dean Street. Still, it's kinda strange that the second place I've looked at on Street Views is plagued with strange imagery, making me wonder how much of this new feature is similarly flawed.

No comments:

Post a Comment