architecture

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Event

Well, I'm back in LA and so I wanted to give a quick and public thanks to everyone who came out on Saturday afternoon for the event in San Francisco; to the speakers themselves: John Bela & Matthew Passmore, Erik Davis, Lisa Iwamoto & Craig Scott, and Walter Murch; and to everyone else involved with the proceedings, including Alan Rapp & Chronicle Books, Fred Dolen & the CCA, and our two indefatigable technical assistants.
We videotaped everything, as well, so once I figure out whether we'll be putting those tapes online or simply transcribing them, I'll let you know.
But it was a great event, I thought. There were some moments in which the screen turned magenta and we went rather beyond the scheduled time slot, but it was a nice mesh of topics, approaches, ideas, and imagery, and some really cool conversations ensued at the end.
So thanks again – and, if you did come out, I hope you had a good time! If you didn't have a good time, of course, please feel free to tell me why...

No comments:

Post a Comment