architecture

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Firm of the Year

Congratulations to DeStefano + Partners -- my home for nine years in Chicago before moving to New York City -- for winning AIA Chicago's 2008 Firm Award. Jurors commented that DeStefano Partners’ projects “showed a high level of attention to design across the board, including technical detailing and the principles of sustainability.”

dplusp.jpg
[the D+P gang | image source]

When I started there back in 1997 the firm was about 50 people and growing fast (two other people started the same day as me). By the time I left it was a bit more than double, down a little from the pre-9/11 number of about 140 (if memory serves me right). Recently the office announced it will be moving into the 32nd floor of Mies's IBM Building (now 330 North Wabash) from a loft space near Navy Pier. D+P also received a Distinguished Building Award for the State Emergency Operation Center in Springfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment